Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



SMUG MARRIED DINNER PARTY
“I’m not married because I’m a Singleton, you smug, prematurely ageing, narrow-minded morons, and because there’s more than one bloody way to live: one in four households are single, most of the royal family are single, the nation’s young men have been proved by surveys to be completely unmarriageable, and as a result there’s a whole generation of single girls like me with their own incomes and homes who have lots of fun and don’t need to wash anyone else’s socks. We’d be as happy as sandboys if people like you didn’t conspire to make us feel stupid just because you’re jealous.” – Bridget Jones’s Diary

The month of December is probably the busiest time of the year. Everyone is out buying gifts for loved ones, and of course, there are parties almost every other day! Last week we had our department party. Our RCGs organized the event, and the games were really racy. Er, can’t say I’m proud of it, but I won the musical chair contest (grab the banana version). Well, if your manager is urging you on in the sideline to be “aggressive” and “go for it”, I guess, being pressured to win is an understatement. Had another company party last Friday, this time with the other managers in our factory. And it was a semi-harrowing experience. It was like that scene out of Bridget Jones’s diary where she went to the smug married dinner party. I was the only <30yrs old and single person among them. And worse, I was the only one who didn’t tag along an SO, because the invitation was also extended to them. And everyone was asking me the same damn question. Why don’t you have a boyfriend/husband? It was really weird for two reasons. One, these folks are not really the crowd I hang out with at work, so I’m disturbed by the thought that now they must be forming some opinion about me with their new “discovery”. Two, it doesn’t help that not only am I the youngest, but just one of the ~five female managers in our factory. I felt like all the wives were looking at me suspiciously the moment they found out I was unattached. Or maybe I’m just paranoid.

Our school party was super fun, though. Live band, ok food, open bar. It was drizzling, though, so the band stopped playing for a while, and when things finally got started again, we partied till dawn. My BusCom classmates were enjoy kasama. Our group didn’t stop dancing the whole night. Afterwards, we had merienda at Whistlestop (their calamares is tasty!).

This week, there will be another string of dinners and parties. Haay, I’m really exhausted na. Somehow, sleeping the whole afternoon yesterday just couldn’t make bawi all the sleep I lost. Of course, it just gave me a headache when I woke up, instead of making me feel better.

All these parties are making me dizzy na. That’s why when my team asked if we were going to have a party, I said, we better think of something else to do. Why pig out and get wasted again, when there are a lot of other folks out there who can hardly even eat a single meal each day? So, this Friday, we will be visiting the Chosen Children Village. Their parents, because of their physical and mental disabilities, abandoned the kids here. I am really looking forward to this activity because I think the last time I ever participated in an outreach program was back in elementary, when I was still studying in a Catholic school. So long time ago.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com