Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



WELCOME, 2002!
“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, everyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. “ – Carl Bard

It was raining here in Cebu on the 1st day of the year, a stark contrast to the generally sunny last few days of 2001. Elsewhere, a 5.6 earthquake hit some cities in Mindanao. Such was the welcome from the heavens. Rain, they say, brings blessings while the earthquake was probably nature’s own version of firecrackers. In the tradition of new year’s wishes, I wish that this year will indeed be more blessed than the previous, that somehow, even if we will not be spared from the difficulties and trials, we will come out better persons than we were.

After all the revelry died down, slightly intoxicated, I retreated into my childhood room on new year’s day, and I cried. I cried for all the pain and hardships in 2001. I cried to wash away the heartaches, broken relationships, lost opportunities. They say a good cry is cathartic. And indeed I feel “cleansed” as I welcome 2002. I am ready to face whatever it brings.

Making new year’s resolutions have never been a personal habit. Instead, I did a post mortem of the past year to highlight the most important lessons that I’ve learned.

LOVE & RELATIONSHIPS
* If you have made the decision to love, then stand by it. Love freely, unconditionally. Have faith. Trust.
* Paranoia has no place in a relationship. It will slowly eat away all the goodness and love.
* If you can’t trust a person you’re with, then get out of the relationship as fast as you can.
* People come into our lives for a reason. To teach us a lesson, to pave the way to another direction. Sometimes they stay, sometimes they don’t. But it’s the legacy that they leave behind that’s important. So don’t be afraid to love and accept a person in your lives. The bittersweet memories are far better than regrets.
* A child’s innocence can touch the most jaded among us.
* A family member’s love and compassion does not fade away with distance or time. There is no end to a parent’s or sibling’s love.

MONEY
* Money is easier spent than earned.
* I am part of the global economy and thus I am not spared. It is high time to be wise, financially.
* Multiple credit cards are not advisable for impulsive/emotional shoppers like me. I have trimmed down my credit cards to two.
* Make “cost-cutting” a mindset instead of just a temporary action in this hard time. Be on the constant lookout for potential savings, both for your company and personally.

CAREER
* There are a lot of good opportunities and there are no wrong choices. Once you’ve made your choice, it’s up to you to make the most out of it.
* Do what feels closest to the desires of your heart.
* If you are happy with what you’re doing, going forward is not a problem.
* Taking up MBA takes a lot of dedication and commitment. It is not easy juggling work, school and personal life. But it can be done.

ETC.
* No matter what state you’re in, there always a good and bad side to it. What matters is you focus on the good and seek to understand the lessons of the bad.
* Being single is not so bad, after all. And yes, there is life after a relationship.
* Life is beautiful! :-)

Post script:
Just got back from Cebu. When I left earlier, it was rather chilly and very windy. It has been like that since start of the year. And I loved the weather. But I decided to go back to Manila earlier than planned because I was enjoying my vacation too much, and have not started any work or my take home midterm exams. Oh well, such is my reality and even if I don’t want to face it yet, I have to. *Sigh*






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com