Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



ALTERNATE WORLD
Nights like this I wish I could just stay out forever. Laugh with friends like there's no tomorrow. Dance the night away as if everything's alright. Drown myself in mudslides or tequila. But even the semblance of happiness ends. It always does. And then, I'm by myself once more. Deafened by the silence. Forced to face the sadness that was momentarily forgotten.

In my alternate world, you were waiting for me at the couch when I arrived from the party. Glancing at me with a disapproving look for staying out too late. But then your eyes light up, too, at the sight of me. Happy to see me finally home. And a smile forms on my lips. Because you're the last person I want to see before I close my eyes to sleep. You give me a warm hug, stroke my hair and plant small kisses on my forehead. And you hold my hand all night long. As if afraid to let me go. In that world, you are the first person I see when I open my eyes in the morning. And then I know that it's gonna be a good day. You hold my hand as you drive us both to work. In that world you never leave. You don't live in another state. And we won't be going home to different countries. In that world, you and I were meant to be.

But that world is only a dream. l've only but glimpses into that world. And sometimes I can even taste it and begin to think it's real. So I reach out to you. Only to see you wave goodbye as you slowly walk away. To go back into your world. And I'm left in mine. In this cold, empty world.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com