Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



SERENDIPITY IS JUST A MOVIE
A few weeks ago, I was in Megamall to meet one of my best friends, Doc A. I was walking towards Powerbooks, where we were supposed to meet (but some time after somehow changed to National and I got confused), while on the phone trying to call her, when this guy suddenly came up to my side muttering something. Guess he was asking for directions, and I just kept walking and shook my head.. I was on the phone, see, and I didn't really notice he'd been following me, until I was in Powerbooks, and heard him say something again.. I finally looked at him. He looked young (well, younger than I) and was wearing glasses. Meaning, not your stereotype rapist/mugger, what-have-you. Kinda cute, actually. Sort of. Whatever. Anyhoo, I began to panic so I kept walking, not really knowing what he wanted, and stopped a few meters before a security guard. Just in case. See, I still have not reached Doc A, and didn't know where she was, so I had to start looking for her. And well, strange guy was still there. He finally told me he just wanted to meet me, and apologized for coming up to me, but "I saw you walking by and you are so pretty, and I just felt I had to meet you".. After that I got really freaked out so I told him I had to go. I went to National bookstore, and he just kept on walking with me... I figured if he wanted to rob me, he would have done so already, so I didn't think it was time to report him to security just yet. Still no Doc A in National, so I started browsing thru some books just to pretend I was busy. I finally decided to buy something, just to keep moving.. This book on relationships. Something. In between, strange guy managed to introduce himself, and still apologizing for what he's doing but he just had to meet me. I didn't know how to fend him off. After the purchase, Doc A mercifully showed up, and I kept giving her an eye signal, which unfortunately, she didn't understand... For some reason, she thought he was an ex or something, and walked ahead of us while heading out to our final destination. SG by this time was asking for my number, and I hastily gave him one of my older ones.. because I panicked too much to think of some fake number. He also asked to look at my book, then later told me he'll borrow it, so that I'll be forced to see him some other time. It cost a couple hundred bucks and some more, so I guess, a small price to pay for my sanity. Or safety, for that matter, so I just said yeah.. He finally walked away, and I caught up with Doc A and explained to her what happened. All she could say was "OMG. I'm so sorry. I didn't know". Oh well, the moral of this story is, even if I believe in fate to a certain extent, I just don't buy the idea that "THE ONE" could be a total stranger who just happened to pass by . You know. Serendipity, is after all, just a movie.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com