Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



WELCOME BREAK
Last week was a week from hell. All hell just broke loose at work. We were in meetings almost 24hrs a day, and I don't mean that figuratively. Most days we couldn't afford to grab food to eat.. No lunches, and even no yosi breaks for me. Which was probably good. As I have started to put myself on an (un)strict diet, and smoking, well, been trying to stop. But still, I was one tired lass by the time I went home Friday. Almost midnight. Then of course, received calls again during dawn from work, had a 7AM meeting. Tried to get back to sleep but more data was needed. Managed a couple of hours nap or so.. Then back to the grind. Until my bestfriend text'd me, asking me if I wanted to go out. Deng, I needed a break. So off we went with my high school friends (I've been hanging out with them more lately, and I realize, wow, >15yrs of friendship.. not too bad at all) to Eastwood, we hung out in Ipanema. Just outside, thank you. and the breeze was wonderful, where people watching was easier too. Hehe. But damn, this place. So packed with kids. Went upstairs and tried to pee, but good luck, the whole dance floor was just filled to the brim, and I couldn't even try inch my way through the rest rooms. Tried SBC downstairs, and apparently, the person at the loo had been inside there for 15mins. And I was the 3rd person on the queue. My bladder now screaming for release, and I finally discovered a decent restroom in the building to the cinemas. Relief. And all that is just my roundabout way of saying, dem, these kids are party-crazy! How they could breathe and move inside, is a mystery to me. Haha.

Of course, hanging out with my high school buddies is never complete without the usual batch chismis.. And it was kinda eerie because one of my male barkada was with his wife and they have one child, and when all of us were reminiscing about our good ol' days, we sort of looked at each other, and I remembered, oh yeah, we had kissed one night. We were not an item or anything, it was probably just one of those things you did when you're young... a spur of the moment... I think what he told me that night was "Can you help me practice how to kiss?" Haha. So there, nothing romantic or whatever. Very juvenile at that. Anyhoo, he seems a lot more mature now, and him and his beautiful wife has a very lovely love story -- serendipitious, at the very least... Makes me smile, thinking, yeah, there are a few lucky ones who do find their destined partners.. I will not lose hope :)

So their story? The guy saw the girl once in Chowking in the guy's city, and made pa cute with her. She was just a freshman in college then. No introductions happened, but he was smitten. Fast forward a year later, the guy gets assigned in the girl's hometown (different island), and became friends with the girl's cousin. One year later, the friend and the girl's uncle died, and the guy went to the wake, and they saw each other the second time, all the while connected with 6 degrees (or less, actually). Finally, introductions. And the rest is history, so to speak. Cute talaga.

Back to my break, we capped the night off at Coffee Bean at the Citywalk2. I love their Morrocan Mint Tea. Not as authentic as the one I tried before, but yummy just the same. I hope they open up a Coffee Bean in Rockwell. Then goodbye green tea frap :)

Hmmm... I better savour this quiet time. Tomorrow, another hell week begins.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com