Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



ENRON
Wow, finally. Lunch. My life is a series of meetings these days. It sucks, but it is seemingly better than my previous year's overly in-demand role.. Back then, there was no lunch, no dinner, no weekends... Thank gawd that part is over... At least for now.

So, Johnnie, here's a classic example of my brain-dead theory. The Enron scandal has rocked the American industry and the investors worldwide. The effects have even cascaded to other Si Valley companies, diagnosed to be afflicted with "Enron-itis". Even our President and COO spoke about this. If my Business Ethics professor didn't mention this in passing last night, I would not have know about this. Gosh, thank goodness I'm in school. Enron, the erstwhile 7th largest corporation, has fallen as fast as it had risen. And mostly due to accounting gimmicks, under the category of "ethical issues". Prof. Jeswani says the CFO should have taken one of his classes. Perhaps, this collapse would have been prevented.

Hah. Thank gawd for MBA. This is certainly something I'll take with me as I struggle to climb up the corporate ladder. And, if not for my Financial Accounting class, I would have no way of interpreting all the accounting jargon mentioned in the Ergon news archives. :P

And he's back... I was just telling Sieg about this guy back in college... One of those men who's all wrong for me. He texted me all of a sudden, after like 4 years without any sort of communication, 5 or 6 months ago (he ran into a common friend and got my number from him). Then we talked for almost an hour. Never heard from him again after that night. Well, not until this PM, anyway. He texted me while I'm blogging this. Weird. He says he saw me in Cosmo (a so long ago 2001 issue). Just when you think nothing can surprise you...






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com