Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



LONG DAY (Part I)
Only had a couple of hours sleep. Came from an all-nighter. Last Saturday was one of the longest days I've had --- crammed on my final paper in the morning, dropped by school to submit the paper and that of a good friend’s, went to the OB-GYN with my best friend (before you ask, no, I’m not pregnant, nor is she… hehe) which was the reason I arrived late in my send-off party, caught the Fete at El Pueblo, arrived home around 4AM, then woke up a few hours later to go to Cavite to move out from my apartment there. I’m tired, dazed, euphoric, sad, brain-dead, pensive and my plan to catch up on work today is on hold. But yeah, there’s always time to blog :P

FETE DE LA MUSIQUE
Went to the event with Petite and Mark (and timely bumped into Budjette and Brandie, who kindly parallel-parked for me, thanks!) after the send-off thingy in IO KTV. And I rate it muy excellente! (Ok, not French, but anyhow..)

Highlights:
* Found out this festival originated in France, and eventually taking root in several cities worldwide, to celebrate music and culture, every 21st of June, day of the summer solstice, incidentally, the longest day of the year.
* Danced reggae while listening to Brownman Revival by the door of Tequila Joe’s (yeah, the place was packed talaga, and of course, the same was true everywhere else in El Pueblo). I really liked them. It was so bitin, so we talked about catching them in Xaymaca this Friday. Oi, tuloy tayo ha! :P
* Incidental EB with fellow bloggers Shiloah and Jessel while hanging out outside of TJ’s. The introductions went like “Oh this is so and so, blogger, and these are, so and so, non-bloggers”. hehehe. Really.
* Caught a few alternative bands in Sidebar where Shiloah joined the San Mig beer drinking contest.. Galeng! We were able to catch Murder of Crows (whose female vocalist also did the drums, so kinda cool), Mojo Fly and Eraserheads without Ely and the female vocalist’s rendition of Magasin just couldn’t compare to the original. Oh heck, at least Petite got to touch Marcus’s (?) frizzy hair. Hihi.
* I’m now a certified fan of the Spy, who performed at the Main stage. Their repertoire of reggae combined with Santana-like guitar renditions was the best!
* Never thought I’d be jamming to ethnic music again. Pinikpikan brought me back to my iskolar ng bayan high school days, and our makabayan professors who enlightened us about the beauty and uniqueness of Filipino art and culture.
* I also managed to listen to that Noel (?.. Sorry, I really don't know him) guy who sang about peace (the festival theme) at the final act. Galing ng boses. Ganda ng musika.
* Used the festival to meet up with a few high school buds, who initially didn’t sound too excited about watching the bands at the main stage, but, nothing, not even years of apathy or old age (ouch!), can take away that “pagmamahal at pagtangkilik ng sariling atin”. And yes, they enjoyed the party as well :)

Not-so-lowlights:
* Expectedly, finding a parking space and squeezing in through hordes of people in El Pueblo wasn’t one of the good things that happened that night.
* I was dumb enough to wear high-heeled slip ons, and after standing up for more than 3 hours, I went home from the Fete with sore feet :(
* We went to Racks to sit down and freshen up a bit (or you know, whatever we could manage under the circumstances – like Shiloah, a lot of people stepped on my vulnerable feet, and I was all sweaty and sticky by 1AM). Actually, we wanted to order a couple rounds of beer, but can you believe it? They ran out! No beer! Actually, no alcoholic drink of any sort left for the thirsty crew. That was a first. (I was finally able to quench my thirst for San Mig light by the main stage but by 3PM they also ran out. Bummer. Well, it was time to go home anyways.. Hah. Sourgraping.)
* Wasn’t able to catch Cynthia Alexander and Barbie’s Cradle. Just couldn’t be at two places at the same time. Deng.

____________________________
* Go check out Lisa (belated happy birthday) and Paulo, whose blogs I’ve been stalking for quite some time now (see links at the right). :) I've added a few new links as well.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com