Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



AWKWARD GOODBYE #2
After what happened, I didn't expect him to call me. But of course I hoped he would. And he did. Left me voicemail twice. But I didn't return his call. I realized I didn't want to talk to him anymore. I would have wanted just to avoid him forever.

After all, nothing has changed. Not the fact that I still fell for him, despite my resolve not to. I found a lot of excuses. Like I didn't like that he wore blue socks, or that he's not as witty or does not have that sarcasm about him that I've come to like in people nowadays. But there were gazellion reasons why I still liked him. I liked that he liked photography, writing.. arts.. That he shared the same zest for life and its adventures. How we both want life outside of this cold technical dungeon we're both in... The way that he knew how to fix things - a broken sofa bed, a nasty hangover.. How to take care of me in more ways than one.. The way that he made me smile with his impersonation of me... And yeah, haha, the way we both like Vicks.. But the simple truth remains. Him and me = NOT.

He finally did catch me on the phone. And after spending several minutes talking about trivial things like the weather, his laptop upgrade, the gym, Bob Marley ... we finally ran out of inanities and we had to talk about the inevitable. Us. Only there's no us. And there never will. Yeah, some things are just final like that.

The longer the pause was, the more painful and awkward it became. No more words to say to each other. And the things that we did want to say but cannot, were better left unsaid.

Sometimes, the no-brainer choices are even harder to make. But you become a better person for making it. A sad, hurting person, but a better person, nonetheless.

Or so I tell myself that :)






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com