Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



GIRLS NIGHT OUT
For the longest time, I've survived this male-dominated work environment by acting like "one of the boys" most of the time.. It's fun for the most part - you get to play and make a kill, much like playing paintball with them. But it gets tiring after while.. How many times would you really want to sleep in the same bed with five other people trying to outsnore each other? How many times do you really want to engage in drink till you drop contest with them, where the winner is the one who pukes the last or least? Yes, I can enjoy talking about gadgets, and NBA/baseball games, cars.. but I also like to talk about shopping and shoes and hair..

So it was that three Americans, one Norwegian, one Costa Rican, one Malaysian and one Pinay got together and talked about how taxing it is to keep up in this man's world, or how it is working in a nerd's haven. We talked about clothes, hair and shopping. Oh, and crushes, too. We gossiped out our male counterparts, and how, specially in my team, they are mostly 30something singles.. I never expected to hit it off with female officemates, from different functional teams or cultures. But I guess, when we leave the workplace, our competitive and tough personas take a backseat, and we go out into the night wearing our party girls' hats..

Yes, we women engineers can be as tough as your next guy engineer. We can push around heavy tools or make programs , and gasp!, ogle at the newly leased digital sampling oscilloscope with really cool features! But, we're little ladies as well, who want to drink wine instead of beer once in a while, giggle like teenagers while talking about the boys around us who sometimes make our world so much harder, but makes it fun, nonetheless.

==============================
UPPERS
* One of the engineers told me she was so excited to meet me because one of the guys I used to work with told her that when I was here a couple of years ago, the male engineers usually stop and look everytime I passed by. Apparently, I made quite a stir with my team back then. Ay, kilig naman ako. Feeling ko tuloy ang ganda ko.. Hehe.. But reality check: I was one of the only three girls in a team of about 35. That really didn't leave them males much choice. Heh.

* Mr. E is so sweet.. He said being with someone makes you high.. He's so right :)

NOT-QUITE-DOWNER
* It's been so friggin' cold the last two days.. Windy and cold. A very bad combination.. Mornings are usually below 40's now.. But, I'm still in heaven.. Basta. :p






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com