Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I ♥ NY



Actually, in the short time I was there, I developed a love-hate relationship with it. I guess that's the lure of New York City. It's like that guy who's totally wrong for you. And yet, he is the love of your life.

Why I love NY:
1. Parks... even amidst the tall buildings and the bustling crowd..
2. Libraries and museums everywhere...
3. Broadway! I onced dreamed of going into theatre.. and just being in the theatre district brought me closer to that dream..
4. Central Park (ok, this should really go under the 1st bullet, but then again, it's a different class on its own)
5. The touristy destinations such as Liberty Island/Ellis Island which you can get to easily via public transit (a.k.a. subway)
6. The architecture - the buildings are tall and beautiful, a mixture of modern and classic.. Waldorf in Park Avenue is classy as it is a historical landmark
7. NY = life.. There's so much activity going on, even way after midnight.. It's not called the city that never sleeps for no reason.. Oh yeah, if you just hang in Grand Central Station, you get dazed by all the movement.. Wow.

Why I hate NY:
1. Super crowded. Manila is crowded, yes, but I shy away from the obviously crowded areas like Quiapo, Recto, Baclaran, Megamall because I tend to get claustrophobic in places like these..
2. Lots of garbage and it's smelly. (Parang Pinas! :))
3. The walking (to get around Manhattan midtown).. Grabe.. my feet almost divorced me.. And I wore sneakers na nga eh.. Nag-goodbye na ako to my high-heeled boots after the 1st day.
4. Subway -- Just rode the LRT once and I never tried it again because of my imaginary claustrophobia, and my general dislike of being a breath away from a random person.. And I could never trust strangers.. I don't like it when people I don't know talk to me. All in all, it's just creepy.
5. Traffic - but then again, I'm Pinoy and it was nothing new to me.. Tuwa pa nga ako because it's been a while since used the horn.. Kaka-miss din pala mag-busina.. haha
6. Overpriced everything... Sobrang taas ng sales tax. Even food is expensive.. I mean, I checked out a sweater on sale at Saks.. $200.. Naku, never mind.. And my friend checked out this Burberry scarf. $189.. Pucha, that's a 2MP digi-cam na ah..
7. The perception that danger is lurking everywhere.. Umandar talaga paranoia ko dun.. I always felt like the vendors were always out to swindle people, and that there were muggers everywhere.. Have kwento nga about that next time..

Hmm.. come to think of it, NY reminds me a lot about home.. Maybe that's why in spite of the things I don't like about it, I still wouldn't mind living there..






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com