Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



MY BEST FRIENDS' WEDDINGS
Two weddings, just a week apart. My two best friends, both of whom I've known for more than 10 years now, have finally taken that step. How long ago was it, Fudz, when we made that pact? The barkada agreed that whoever got married first will make sure that everyone will attend, and will cover travel and lodging expenses if the others were not in the wedding location. So I guess Laryang owes me a ticket back home still.. Laryang, who is already in her honeymoon now, was my soccer buddy.. and Spraynet sister.. Haha.. In fairness, I've always known it was either Laryang or Fudz who was gonna make that trip to the altar first... :)

Fudzy, or Petite as most people know her, was my writing buddy.. We were still kids really when we met. We have fought and made up, grown up. Like I said, she has seen many versions of me. And I've seen many versions of her as well.. Including that version who was/is happy with her man. You know, that guy from ClickMoMukhaMo.. These two guys actually started me blogging.. Which is ironic because I work in a company enabling the internet economy and all.. But I digress..

I've had a chance, or the honor, really, to see Petite and Mark together.. Bagay talaga sila.. They're both really smart (and good-looking, cyempre!!).. Self-confessed geeks, actually.. And everytime I'm with them, I just feel like they have it figured out.. More than most people, that's for sure.. Cyempre, I also witnessed the tampuhans.. Some of them petty, some quite serious, but always they find their way back to each other's arms.. I guess it comes not only from their own strengths, but mostly from their strong commitment to each other.. And I'm always amazed that they don't always have to be stitched together in order to remain a couple. They can do things on their own, continue to grow individually, and yet, continue to build a strong relationship..

You guys are my benchmark. Pwede pala talaga. Relationships can work.. Intelligent people can stay together without hurting each other's necks.. You can each choose your career paths without the feeling that one will outdo the other....You can have fun with or without the other.. Though I can't relate to your Warcraft (tama ba?) addiction, tuwa talaga ako that you can do that together.. Cute nila, noh??

Well, this is it, guys... The next big step in your lives.. This very important milestone. I pray that God give you more strength, love, and happiness..

Like I said, I know it will only get better from here. Fudz, Mark will not just be your last phone call.. He will be there, in person, with you, every step of the way.

Congratulations to you -- Mark and Petite!! Time to open the champagne! Love you guys!!

p.s. They have really cute pictures in their wedding site.. Kakainggit!!






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com