Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.




E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



REDISCOVERING THE JOYS OF INDEPENDENCE :)
While life of interdependency was ok, life before and after that, has its simple joys.. There's nothing more rewarding than being able to accomplish things without so much depending on other people. Since we didn't have any classes today, I had the time to do some trivial stuff that I've been putting off since I was way too busy... More often than not, I have to ask someone to pay bills for me, to do this or that. But, I was able to go to the vulcanizing shop and got my tire fixed (yep, had a flat tire, and thanks to the service-oriented guys at Shell for replacing it..), finally meeting my landlady after two years and paying my rent personally (my Ate usually does this for me), got my TV back from the repair shop (and just had one service guy come home with me so he can bring it up to my floor), catching up on some undie laundry (ok, I've always done this.. even if I send my clothes to Lavandera weekly, I have qualms about other people touching my undies... so even if I hate doing chores, I have to do it.. hehe) .. I've also already enrolled my landline, cellphone and insurance bills at my bank so I can pay it online or thru ATM.. Sweet. Kakahiya na sa katulong ng Ate ko eh :) And tomorrow, my landlady's husband will accompany me to a shop so I can change my car tints (I've been meaning to do this since I've been so concerned about my safety lately, but did not have a chance to do it kse ung driver ni Ate super busy!!).. In fairness, it feels wonderful din if other people offer to help or help ever so willingly when asked.. So living on your own is not so bad talaga.. Like I told MB and his mom, I have to start getting used to being alone again, because clearly he is a partner in absentia and well, with the way things are going, I might end up being on my own for a long time. The thought is no longer as scary as it used to be. I've always been able to fend for myself. I just got sidetracked, and now, I think my good ol' self is back! :)

-------------------------------
Eating alone is not so bad either.. I mean, I always eat alone in my apartment, but I never liked the idea of getting a meal in a diner or resto alone.. Getting coffee, yeah, but never a meal. But I tried it today, and I realized, there are a number of people who eat alone, and they don't seem bothered. Hell, I was having fun browsing thru my new book (Catcher in the Rye, yeah, I've never read this) while munching on my food. It was refreshing to not have to make conversation, or have to do the usual pleasantries while dining with someone or have to catch up para di diyahe pag masyadong mabagal... I should really go out alone more often.. go to a library, bookstore, museum or coffee shop.. This is more cost-friendly than SHOPPING.. Hehe.. Time to tighten the budget because Christmas is around the corner and I just love giving gifts to loved ones, not to mention my growing number of inaanaks! :)

-------------------------------
My friends and I are are planning to check out that French hip-hop thingie at the Enterprise this Tues.. and we are definetely watching Rated Rexxx at the Music Museum next month! Since Nic introduced me to the SBC Packers and gawd, sino na ba ung katulong ng Super Friends? Maritess:), I've always wanted to watch him live na.. He is just so sobrang funny kasi and listening to him is a surefire way of escaping harsh realities even for a bit :) Teka, ma-friendster nga 'tong si Mang Rex :) Yuck, showbiz! :p

Oh, that's one good thing about being independent, too.. Because it does not have to mean being alone all the time.. It's ok to ask your friends to go out once in a while.. Minsan kasi, I feel like I don't want to be such a burden to other people, so even if I don't feel like being alone, I just grin and bear it.. Most of my friends are ever so willing to keep me company if I just ask.. And they're wonderful like that :)






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com