Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



CAN'T MEN AND WOMEN BE JUST FRIENDS?!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



So goes the age-old question popularized by the movie "When Harry Met Sally"... I had honestly believed this was seriously possible. For years and years, I have formed close friendships with the opposite sex which I can say are truly platonic.. No malice, no nothing. Barkada lang. Or so I thought.

Having been friends with these guys for at least 7 years, all of a sudden, things were not as they should be. At least 3 of my closest male friends made a pass at me, and just thinking about it, makes me wanna puke. It feels so incestuous. And not only that.. It's obvious to me that if we have stayed platonic friends for that long, then I have already written off any possibility of that friendship going any further than that. Either I'm not physically attracted (more often the case), or that... OK. It's really just that. And the reason why we're still friends is that there's something else that makes us click and connect, but just not on a romantic or sexual level. I get that. And I thought they get that too.

Apparently not. Last weekend, male friend #1 who has been a good buddy of mine since high school, suddenly frickin' attempted to feel me up. 'Nyeta. At this rate, I'm going to end up with zero male friends. Just don't want to deal with this kind of thing, on top of everything else going on. I'm just wondering why being "one of the boys" worked when I was younger, and now, it seems to mean something else to these men whom I've considered friends for a long time. It's just so sad. But then again, nowadays, I choose the things I want to worry about. This is one thing I can just walk away from. Even if it means saying goodbye to these guys.

Labels: ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com