Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



NOCTURNAL NEWBIE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



It's been a while since I've blogged. I guess things are pretty hectic in the New Blue. After a month of enjoying super flex day shift, I had to shift gears and go into nocturnal mode the following month. And what a tough 1st week it was. There's a scientific reason why sleep was meant for night time and not day time (apparently, the body's restoration functions works better in darkness), and then you have the practical reasons. Who can sleep when the light is glaring through your windows? Or when the cars passing by honk their horns? I have total new respect for anyone who ever has to go on night shift. No amount of night differential can ever compensate the abnormal shift in body functions.

For the 1st couple of days, I practically passed out the moment I arrived at home. Only to wake up a couple of hours later. By the third day, I mastered the art of sleeping without interruptions. And by the 4th, I managed to be "sober" and functional a few more hours after shift. But so far, since I'm on training, I've only managed to squeeze in very few hours for work. Good thing things are still manageable during day time. But I will have to adjust and start working since things are starting to pile up.

Then there's the matter of gym time. I had to find a good time to go, and finally decided to do it before work. Whoever says exercising at the start of the day will keep you energized must have been literal about it. Because if your actual day starts at night, then no energizing actually happens. Or maybe it's just me.

And just right at the end of my work week, when I thought I successfully passed my 1st week of nocturnal madness (in fact, I had my first ever weekend gimik starting @ 6AM at the ever reliable Dencio's in Paseo!), I woke up with a mean viral infection. I practically slept through my whole weekend, and only stayed awake enough to watch The Silver Surfer (and it rocked) with the family.

So right now, I'm still nursing the darned viral infection, trying to stay strong enough to get through my day (or night), and so far, so good, I guess. I'm alive. Weak, but alive.

And why do I need to put myself through this? All for the love of the new blue. Haha. So that by the time I take calls for my certification (and no, I won't be doing this for a living), I will know more than just the opening spiel.

Thank you for choosing the New Blue Customer Care. My name is XY. How may I assist you today? :)

Labels:






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com