Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



LITTLE GESTURES


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I’m not the most thoughtful person in the world, so when a friend does something nice out of the blue, it just makes my day. Especially when these are friends I hardly even keep in touch with.

Friend #1 – Soon to be ex-officemate, erstwhile crush. A good friend of my good friend. He’s leaving the company soon, and moving to a greener pasture in another country. He saw an opening in his new company that seemed to fit me and he went out of his way to call me last weekend to inform me about it. #1, we didn’t even exchange numbers so he just got it in the phonebook. #2, it’s very timely. #3, that was just really sweet.

Friend #2 – Former officemate, erstwhile crush. Hahaha. Coincidence is sometimes, funny, ain’t it. He is my kumpare (we’re godparents to another officemate’s child), but weren’t that close either. Since he left the country, I haven’t heard from him. Till I got a chocolate bar from him, which he gave through another officemate whom he met a few days ago. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. I only knew one guy with that name and it didn’t occur to me that it would really be him, because, well, it’s been so long. Nice to know friends from far away still remember.

My two friends made me think about whether I have gone out of the way for someone whom I wasn’t really that close with, and made them feel good, too. I mean, I always go out of my way to be kind and nice to close friends, it’s almost obligatory. But how about the people who just sort of passed by my life? It’s something I definitely want to pay forward.

Amidst whatever problems, bad relationships, shitty jobs, and what-have-you, little gestures from people we hardly know certainly brings that warm feeling we need to get through the day.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com