Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



I JUST KNOW WHAT I'M FEELING AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Several boyfriends and several Valentine's days after, I cannot think of any memorable V-day celebration. Well, if you count my high school experience, that was it. OMG. Made me feel a little sad, actually. Is romance really gone when you hit your twenties?

Here's a tip to all men (and women*, apparently) - don't forget the flowers ;-) Flowers are never tacky nor old... Forget the white roses, though. But then again, that's just me.

So anyhow, I swore to make this year's celebration one of the most memorable in the years to come. Granted R is away, but who says that Valentine's is only for couples? This day is for every one who loves, is/been in love and has so much more love to give. So I'm thinking, that's about everyone, right? :)
Dinner was with the girlfriends from work. I suggested this roadside Greek Taverna I read about in other blogs. The last time I tried Greek cuisine was in Portland, and I loved the whole experience. (except the fact that one of those times I went was for an anniversary with the ex, but nah.. past is past!!:))
MZ (not her real initials, haha) made the reservations and we were surprised that not only did we get one just a few days before V-day, but we were able to make schedule changes on the day itself even. While it was definitely a good thing for us, it made us wonder whether that was a bad omen for things to come in spite of the good food reviews I read.
But, disappointment was not in the menu. Fortunately!
For appetizer, we ordered the saganaki, which is a tomato-based shrimp/bread dish, which can also serve as dip. We partnered this with the homemade wheat bread. YUM!
For the main course, we decided to share 4 dishes for the 5 of us, which turned out to be still more than we can handle :) We ordered one of the taverna's specialties - the mousaka, which is a lasagna like, eggplant/potato/minced meat dish. It's cooked in extra virgin oil (which comes from the owner's plantation), as is everything else on the menu. It's really delish, though the serving is definitely quite heavy, even for non-dieters :)
We also ordered the pork chops (sorry, don't remember the greek name). It was lemony, and very very tasty. The fries and vegies that came with the dish were also fresh and delish.
The Greek red wine I ordered off the menu helped balance the richness of the food we ate that night.

Then we ordered their Greek dessert called Baklava. It's nutty, sugary, and has a taste of cinnamon... I liked it though the other girls were not so much into it... We had no more room for the Greek coffee (that might have went well with the dessert), but certainly something we'll go back for..

We shelled out around P275 each for the food... It was well worth it!! Even just for the wonderful dinner we had. The food was great, the host (Manos, I guess) was hospitable (he would check in on the guests and he personally assisted in the parking and backing out of the parking, which was kind of a nice touch), the ambiance had this homey feel to it.. Nothing too pretentious, although the place is not air-conditioned, and this may pose a problem for summer dining and then, there are the fumes. hehe. It's also on the other side of the road, so no Taal views from this resto. But, well, I've seen the view a million times, and while it's nice and all, the food at the taverna makes up for most of the misses I can think of (sablay daw the restroom, but I didn't get to check it out, so no opinion on that end).. So, it's highly recommended, and I will come back for more :) (I wanna try their gyros/shwarma).

After dinner, we proceeded to the Cupid party at Melrose Place, err, Gov Hills :) It was the usual crowd, plus a couple of new faces and guests. Nice turn out. Food and drinks - ok. Thanks to Ampost for the sponsorship!! It was helluva fun night, but we missed your antics and Steve Jobs stories!! Hahaha!! And thanks to our housemates (Joseph, and Nevo - yan ha, special mention na), for the heart lollilops, even if you failed to give it to us that night.. Hehehe!! Sweeettttt!! :)


02/14/07. Now that's something for the books. Lovely dinner with lovely girlfriends. And great party with the gov crew. For an R-less V-day, not bad at all! :)

* According to housemate Joseph, he likes getting flowers... I've never given flowers to men... hmmm... Food for thought.

Labels: , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com