Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



GRATEFUL... SHOWED ME BACK INTO BEAUTIFUL...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What a week it has been! It's been a combination of blessings and nuisances. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
March 25 - Hang put with Jay and Ali. We met at Bonifacio High Street but we walked to The Fort to have dinner at Zong. Lemon chicken, steamed fish and egg plant with minced meat. Yum! We were super stuffed and happy. Hahaha. We walked back to High Street, and had coffee at Starbucks. This is what Sundays should be like :) Nuisance: None, in fact, we had a bonus. A cute mutt, and cute owner! Hahaha.

March 26 - Birthday wish granted! What a wonderful early present. Nuisance: Got a flat right when I arrived in MoA. I took that as a sign that I was making the right choice because had I gotten the flat in the middle of nowhere, I wouldn't have gotten there on time. And take note that it was a super flat, as in couldn't-be-worked-by-a-compressor flat. Thank you Ali and MoA good samaritan for the help afterwards. It was almost midnight and I totally do not know how to change tires!

March 27 - Drug test #1 completed (whereby I also discovered that my license was expiring the next day because the secretary pointed it out to me. Ugh!)! Nuisance: Peeing in a bottle. Enough said! Hahaha!

March 28 - Surprise party by the gov crew! Well, it actually started on the night of the 27th, but they stayed to welcome my birthday at midnight. Aawww. (With hand gestures). Super sweet. Housemates Nevo and Van van are the sweetest! And the rest of the govsters - you guys rock! Alan was the perfect lurer. Didn't realize his impromptu Tagaytay gimik was a ruse (because he does that all the time! hahaha!). Didn't even suspect when I saw Arlene in the street outside the house (even if she rarely comes by). I super loved the flowers and the blowing (of the cake, what were you thinking?!! hahaha!) and the antics. If I had a quiet welcoming of my, ern, 26th year with R last year, I had the pleasure of spending it with great friends this year!


Nuisance: Driver's license renewal at LTO-Tagaytay. I was there from 930AM to 3PM. And they had the gall the whole process 4-easy steps! If not for the lunch with the department mates, the day would have totally bummed! (The worst part was having the whole day immortalized in my license pix!! Now you know why you never see a pretty license pix. Deng!)

March 29 - Another day in hell, a.ka. government offices. First stop - police clearance. To "expedite" the process, they asked for a fee. Otherwise, I would have to go back the following day. In her exacts words "Kayo na po bahala, ma'm". Ow.kay. Second stop - NBI clearance. All the people I asked about this process all told me to go to Carriedo. I refused. For the simple reason that I've never ridden an LRT. And I'm scared to death taking a ride alone, with all the... Anyhoo, so I went to the kiosk at Park Square, only to find out that yeah, I needed to go to the main office. Stubbornly, I tried to take a cab, but nobody wanted to take me. The last taxi driver told me he'll take me to the Gil Puyat station, and I can just take the LRT to Carriedo. I told him I didn't know how to ride an LRT. And he answered "Ay naku, dapat kang matuto. Madali lang yan. Sundan mo lang ginagawa ng iba dun". So he lectured me about learning to ride trains, because in the countries abroad, they have trains. Ow.kay, again. The ride was not all that unpleasant, but stepping into Carriedo was a different story. Kids smelling rugby on the sidewalk, crazy men throwing sago on the streets, and a lot of not so friendly people. But the worst was yet to come - I got a hit! What are the odds, huh, that there is someone out there with the same name as me. I even tried to reason with the data checkers, and they just got mad "Nagkakamali ba ang computer??!" And gusto kong sabihin - Oo!! Oo!! Oo!!. Dern, so I get to do the whole thing again next week. So not looking forward to it.

But in the end, this week has been full of blessings. Of answered prayers, sweet friends, loving family and a loving boyfriend, who in spite of his booboo, is still a great guy ;-)

And oh, we're hitting the beach this Saturday. So that is yet another good thing!

Labels: , , , , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com