Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



SLEEPLESS IN GOV


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I've been tossing and turning for more than two hours now. Can't sleep. Which is weird because my body is tired. And I slept late last night, too, owing to my weekend habit which I badly need to change, so I should have dozed off hours ago. But I didn't. I'm awake as a bat at night.

Could be either of these reasons:

1. I've once again learned the lesson on flirty vs friendly. And it's eskeri. So help me God. Operation Iwas in Day 1 worked. How about the rest of the week?

2. I'm still high on endorphins and energy due to a late, ehem, workout (haha! it was only really 40mins worth of cardio).

3. Haven't talked to R in more than a week. We last talked on Saturday last week. And he called @ 2AM Sunday, so naturally, I was right in the middle of my deepsleep mode. Whatever happened to waking up when he calls?? The spirit is always willing but the body is weak. I miss him very much and I really hope he calls again soon. I'm going nuts! And as an aside, it's been more than a month since he left. Time flies. And that's a blessing for lovers who only meet every so often.

4. I've been talking about moving on (to friends, family...), and I was so darn sure it's time. But lately, I've been rethinking it all. Oz is like shooting the moon. I have one known relative there (three, counting the hubby and the little baby), and they just moved recently. Quite a few people have some disappointing accounts - of discrimination, availability of "intellectual" jobs (or lack thereof) and then of course - the expected displacement of immigrants trying to have a clean slate somewhere else. And going back home - while the thought is definitely comforting, I'm not sure I can handle undoing my so-called independence. Lastly, shifting gears. This one appealed to me the most. But even the thought of an interview is making me nervous as hell. I can't help but think too much into the future. Am I really ready to let go of the life I've known for a decade now? Will change really be the nirvana I'm making it out to be? Or will I just reset the corporate cycle, and find myself in the same situation later, if not sooner?

Am I running away from something? Or towards something? Is this mid-life crisis in the works? Or birthday blues?

Or maybe it's just plain old insomnia.

Labels: , ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com