Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



GETTING BACK ON TRACK


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Ever since going on night shift, I had had to move things around and basically just screw up more than just my body clock. Hormonal imbalance aside, my personal activities and relationships were starting to take the backseat.


I figured, this is the life I chose (eternal night owl, if you must), so I have to live it well, and perhaps, with a bang. Ok, so the latter part is more of a stretch. For now, I just want to start optimizing living life as a night-shifter.

Trying to get back on track -- 

1. I have gotten back to my boxing (brownie points for just picking up those pink gloves again).. 
2. I even tried going back to the gym, only to realize that after two major flops in the gym membership department (not to mention, very costly flops), I've finally accepted that I just don't like being boxed (routines just totally bore me)..
3. I managed to see friends outside of the workplace, catching Cinderella in one of its runs. Incidentally, if you're into Disney and musicals (and fairytales and magic), then this one's for you. Lea Salonga is of course a major bonus, but I daresay the icing to the Rodgers and Hammerstein's cake (a.k.a. musical genius). Be prepared to go into "A lovely night" or "Impossible, it's possible" LSS...
4. I spent quality time with the family. I went on a date with my 5-year old nephew to catch Mulan Jr. at Onstage (thanks to the free tickets I won at thebachelorgirl.com! Wee :)) The play is a definite must-see for kids. It's a good way to introduce them to a world outside of the Disney channel and Playstations or PSPs. A good learning avenue, not to mention very fun. My nephew even won some cereal during the intermission when he volunteered to show a kung fu pose (nope, shy isn't our middle name, hehe). 
5. Then we watched Wall-e with the rest of the bunch, doing a major detour from Trinoma to Eastwood due to super heavy traffic at the former. I don't what was going on last weekend, but it wasn't something we wanted to be a part of. So anyways, Wall-e has a very serious theme that may not appeal to 5 year olds. But perhaps I'm underestimating kids too much. This was all so apparent when my nephew asked "Why does Wall-e love Eve?"..  And when we were at home, I asked him a bunch of questions to see if he understood the movie. These were his answers:
- Wall-e loves Eve because he's alone in Earth and he's lonely. All he has is his cockroach.
- The people went to live in space because Earth is full of garbage.
- An artifact is something that people throw away but are important (because I heard him say at one point that Wall-e has a lot of artifacts, so I asked him if he knew what artifact means)

After our conversation, I began to wonder if I even knew the meaning of love (or artifact) at that age. Probably not :)

Labels:






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com