Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



CHOCOLATE WISDOM


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



"So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters" - Nothing Else Matters, Metallica

Dear M,

It was really good to see you again. I know things are different now, but it's nice to remember that at one point in our lives, you meant a lot to me. Did I ever tell you that? I think I did. Or perhaps you already know, anyways, even if I didn't.

I ate a chocolate from the pack that you gave me. The message inside said "Learn something new from everyone you meet".

I was thinking earlier as I was driving back home after meeting up with you, how we meet people, get close to them, and then lose them somewhere along the way. It seems so pointless, isn't it? But then, just now, I realize, it's really not about keeping the friends that you meet along your journey, but about the legacy that they leave behind, long after they've left or gone into a direction opposite yours.

Your legacy is a friendship that blossomed out of nothing and transcended distance and other barriers, a friendship that was pure and expected nothing in return. You taught me so many things about opening up to people and being real. You made me laugh, you listened to me rant and cry. And the most important legacy? You introduced me to Metallica. Haha. Their music will always remind me of you.

I met you just at the right time, when I badly needed a soul brother, someone who understood what I was going through, without the judgement, pity or what-have-you. We were kindred souls, in the pursuit of happiness.. Over the years, we laughed at how our lives seem to run in parallel or that our lives mirror each other's.

I know we tried to hold on to that special bond for as long as we can. But life gets to you. And perhaps, the strong friendship had already served its purpose.

I was asking myself why I was crying profusely earlier. Maybe I just really miss you. Or miss what we used to have. Or maybe I finally understood that we are now in different places, and there is nothing left to do but move on with our separate lives.

While we are no longer as close as we used to be, I'm still happy that we have remained friends for as long as we have, considering we didn't have much to start with. That we were very good friends at one time in our lives, is something I can settle for, rather than to have never met you at all.

Until next time, M. May life be kinder to us both.

You're in my heart forever,
X






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com