Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



HOUSEMATE (MIS)ADVENTURES #0003


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Monday was mall day for the housemates and neighbors again, this time, minus Jerk. This is becoming a weekly thing already, it’s almost scary. I’m, ern, assimilating! Hahaha. In all my 9 years of working here in the far away land of lalala, I never did succumb to buying a place here. I’m 80% city girl. The silence is too much for me. The 20% promdi lass in me tried living here, many times. After several housemates and apartments, the longest I would ever stay was maybe 2x per week, and by the 6th month, I would give up altogether. Back to the city for me. Since the two malls were constructed some 3(?) years ago, I’ve probably visited each of them less than 5x. Until the last couple of weeks. We’ve become mall rats. Yuck. Hahaha.

When I was living in my Makati apartment, the greatest perk was that the mall (and my school) was less than 5mins away. If I wanted to party on weekdays, it was no sweat. I could go to Ortigas, Timog, Makati or Malate in no time. Now of course, I’ve lost my party groove. I’d rather really just sleep as soon as I get home on weekdays, sleep in on weekends (if I could). And occasionally hang out with friends. Perhaps that’s why living here in lalala land does not seem as bad as it used to be. I don’t crave the lights and the sounds like I used to. The alcohol, of course, is another thing altogether. Hahaha.

The only downside to living here is that after being used to having just a couple of hours to spare before sleeping time comes, now we’re done by 4 or 5PM, and we constantly have to look for creative ways to amuse ourselves. Gym, Frisbee, badminton, Tagaytay, mall trips, massages, salon trips, poker, drinking sessions… All of which involves moolah. So, add the little nightly expenses here and there, and there goes your weekend gimik budget J

And going back to our mall day, it was not as eventful, except that I missed Jerk, incidentally our resident driver. Hehe. I was forced to drive. The highlight of the night was when Van did a little stunt in the parking lot, minutes before we were supposed to go home. She flew down a couple of steps off the stairs (slippery because of rain), and the rest of us were too shocked to do anything. The whole scene brought me back to the Eugene Tejada incident last Sunday. Was watching the Red Bull vs Purefoods (who got incidentally beat up) with R and we saw the whole thing. He was lying still for about 40mins before the medics arrived with the proper transport apparatus. All I could think of, damn, this is the kind of medical attention we get here in the Philippines. That was with the whole country watching, even. Sad, really. Sadder that the poor cager might have to suffer the consequences gravely, maybe never even play basketball again.

Good thing Van is ok, albeit she has some bruises. And she’s back to her usual bubbly, kiti-kiti self. Hehe. Peace.

Oh yeah, one of the reasons we headed out to the mall was because my cellphone charger conked out on me again. This is my third freakin’ one. Huwaaaaaaaay??!!

And I would just like to add (albeit in a totally unrelated rant), that SMART BRO (formerly SMART WIFI) SUCKS!! I lost my internet connection for almost a month now. They lost my record when I first reported the incident. When you call the technical support, all they tell you to do is ipconfig release/renew. I can do that on my own, thank you very much. And when they told me they wanted to do the debug again, I vehemently said, HELL, NO. That is freakin’ bullshit, and all I want is for your technical team to come to the house, because you told me that there was no problem with my connection to your base station when I first called. And just because you are lousy in keeping records, you want to waste my time. Yet again. HELL, NO to the nth power. So, now, after four weeks, they are finally going to the condo. Let’s see how much waiting I’ll be doing on Saturday. Based on previous experience, it takes them one whole day before they come. They expect their customers to be just lying around and do nothing on a Saturday. If I had known better, I should never have gotten myself into this mess. Let me say it again. Smart Bro/Wifi sucks. Don’t make the same mistake.

(Whew. Totally rambling in this post. Hahaha. Must be the hunger pangs :))






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com