Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



MAYBE I AM DARK AND TWISTY INSIDE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



What does that mean, anyway? To be dark and twisty? Makes me think about the typhoon last weekend, which literally rained on my parade, among other things.

Yeah, we all know about Milenyo by now. Wednesday night I was alarmed to hear that it was going to be signal #2 in Manila. I was going to leave for Cebu the following day. I woke up Thursday morning as the winds banged against the window panes. I still haven't packed so I frantically stuffed clothes, pasalubongs into my "overnight" bag. I put on the TV as soon as I knew something was on, and viola, the typhoon has escalated. I sat there in shock unable to believe my luck (or lack of it). I dialed the airline's hotline (which of course we know will never go through, not even on a normal day). Even the news didn't mention cancellation of flights. By 8AM my brother told me flights were a go. So with that, I hurried off to the airport. The winds were definitely getting stronger, but I got checked in and waited. By 10AM, even inside the airport waiting lounge, it didn't sound so good. I decided that I valued my life more than a day at the beach so I got myself offloaded from the plane. Turns out they cancelled the flight anyways.

The trip back home was an exciting one, as trees and other stuff fell right before our eyes. We were moonwalking, instead of walking. Wow. Ok, definitely a sign from the high heavens.

I slept through the typhoon, unable to stand all the darkness and turmoil by my lonesome, and woke up to the sight of fallen trees and flood outside my condo.



I was bummed about getting stuck in Manila, no electricity and no water to boot. I couldn't even cook since I only have an electric stove and microwave. So I didn't eat lunch and had sardines and refrigerated rice for dinner. Yum. Warm coke tastes nice too.

Friday I had little to no hope of getting a flight to Cebu. I managed a half bath with what was left of my stored water, wishing I could get a flight out so I could take a long, nice, warm bath. I headed out to the devastated streets, already quite hungry now, also in quest of an ATM. Good luck to me. The gas stations were closed so I opted to drive close by. The nearest mall was jampacked, and cars were still waiting to get inside.

Finally, I found an open bank, and finally got myself some money. All the restos were full, so I settled on a carinderia coz by then, I could have eaten anything in sight. Another good news came as my dad was able to book me in a late afternoon flight. Things were looking up.

Despite the 1.5hr delay, I was glad to be finally HOME. No more darkness. No more silence. No more temptation that creates dark and twisty ;)

Saturday I was off to the beach, but before that, a quick stop for lunch at my favorite chicken resto - Sunburst. Yumminess. Hahaha.


Soon it was mango margaritas and sand on my feet. And friends not bound by time nor place. Old tales of our youth not so long ago :) New tales of love and life and dreams.



Laughter. Drama. Craziness. Packed in a day's goodness.

I couldn't ask for more :)






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com