Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



EXPLORING NEW CULTURES THE TASTY WAY..


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Prior to meeting Vietnamese-American friend T, I was never adventurous when it comes to food. But he was someone who introduced me to a new cultures (among other things), via the restos we used to go to while we were in Oregon.

I learned to eat with my hands, with 5 or so other people dipping their hands in the same huge plate of food at a Morrocan resto called Marrakesh :)

Before, the only Indian food I ate was our Filipino version of chicken curry. After eating in Swagat, my taste buds literally got burned, but I discovered I loved rotti, and tandoori chicken..

And of course, he introduced me to Greek Cuisina, one of my fave places ever to eat in Portland, not just because of the food, but because of the atmosphere of fun. Entertainment includes a belly dancer moving about the whole resto, plate-breaking for bday celebrants, newly-engaged, and all sorts of celebrations.. They encourage everyone to dance with them on the floor to traditional Greek music, and just be a Greek for that night.

I kinda miss being adventurous in food like that. Since I got back to Manila, I've stuck to my usual Chinese cuisine. Whenever someone asks me where to eat, I'd say, anywhere Chinese. But tonight, in honor of my friend T, we will go check out Prince of Jaipur at the Fort (thanks, baby for the recommendation). I have done my share of research, and I think this one is worth going to.

Yeah, I'm going to discover new cultures, one plate at a time. ;)

Labels: ,






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com