Life can be ecstatic, exciting and extraordinary... if you make it to be.



THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT, I DON'T EVEN FEEL THE DISTANCE


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



One of my friends told me that to always have passion for life, we must try to do something new every day. Well, that's a tall order, but I do try.

So finally, last night, I finally crossed another off the list I made more than 2 years ago now! Hahaha. Dem.

I RODE THE MRT FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME. YAY! :)

Not having a car may have its perks, after all. Like finally crossing things off a long-time list! :P

So anyways, I needed to get to QC since it was my Ate's birthday. I decided to take the Cubao shuttle (but now that I think about it, Nagtahan might have been the better choice, but it only occured to me when new housemate T brought it up the very last minute :))... I already begged my other housemate to be my tour guide in the Cubao shuttle and he recommended that we take the MRT in anticipation of bad traffic due to the holiday. I was quite reluctant at first. I mean, when I first wrote this down in my list, I was thinking more of a leisure ride, on a Sunday perhaps, where I can just sit and relax, watch people come and go... But then, I realized that if I had to do this, I should do it the way it should be done. Ride the MRT during rush hour! lolz

So after we got off the bus, we walked to the station. 1st hurdle : climbing up the stairs, as the escalator was down... It wasn't that bad, really, but it was a very humid evening, and I was already sweating profusely. Ugh. 2nd hurdle: line to get tickets.. It was still apparently an ok wait. So now I have a baseline :) As soon as we got on the platform, I felt like I was transported to another place. Visions of our time in New York, and taking the train in Oregon flashed by. The big difference, there I could take my sweet time. Here, I may never get a ride if I took my time. 3rd hurdle: Pushing my way into the car. Haha. There were so many people I could not hold on to anything. I was tempted to hug the man in front of me for support! Good thing D was behind me, and he assured me I wouldn't fall or whatever :)

Despite the discomfort (dem, I had 3 bags too! and D was kind enough to bring one for me), I still wanted to take pictures. Hahaha! Who knows when my next time to ride the MRT will be :p I finally managed to take some after the Gateway station (I think), when I was finally able to take a seat.

I observed the people around me. And most of them probably do this every day. And yet here I am, thinking this is some kind of field trip! And I realize how blessed I still am. In spite of the many things I can complain about, there are more things I should be thankful for.

Like being able to enjoy an MRT ride on a rush hour because it's a novelty.



Like having good friends kind enough to help me get over my ignorance (in public commute) ;)



Like having a loving and supportive family, nephews and nieces whose laughter are like music to my sometimes weary soul.


Yeah, life is still good. This thing I'm having in another aspect in my life, is a very minute detail. And come March, it will be like dust in the wind.






Dose Me


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com